Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DIANNA CORCORAN - AUSTRALIAN COUNTRY SINGER AND GOLDEN GUITAR WINNER



1. Please tell us a little bit about your background;

I was born and bred in Parkes NSW, Australia. Mechanic dad and Avon Lady mum with a farming background. My life now takes me all over the world.

2. You are a country singer. Have you always wanted to sing or did you aspire toward something else when you were younger?

My mum said I was singing before I was talking. Music has always been in my bones and although I had dreams of working with animals or being some kind of visual artist, I think the universe made the decision for me. Music will be my life and is in my blood.


3. How did you ‘break’ into singing?

Australia is lucky to have a strong network country music talent quests. My home town had a large one that got me into the genre. My parents made it their hobbies to get me around to as many of these competitions as they could manage. Sometimes traveling long hours on weeks ends. It never really mattered if I came home with a trophy, it was all about the music and going experience. I made great life long friends, too.

4. Do you have a manager or do you represent yourself?

I have a team here in the US but I have pretty much been unmanaged my entire career. I oversee most things while I have a label, publisher and PR company that take care of some details. A lot of my time is not spent on music unfortunately and a lot of people are unaware of the extensive work that is done in the office behind the scenes.

5. Have you won any/many awards? Please tell us a little bit about that;

Including all of those little talent quests, I’ve actually accumulated over 400 awards. Some of the major ones include two Golden Guitars (Australian Country Music Awards). One for Female Artist of the Year and the Other for New talent of the Year.


6. I understand you have also entertained some of our troops overseas. Please tell us something about that;

Is most probably the highlight of my career. I have done three entertainment deployments with the military and will be forever grateful for the experience and opportunity to share my music with a most appreciative crowd. I got to experience things that a limited amount of civilians will ever see.

7. You have also travelled the world with some other major entertainers. Can we know who and where and when you have travelled?

One of the greatest gifts that music gives me is my traveling and experiences. I've worked as a songwriter and producer right throughout Europe, Asia, South Pacific, North America and the list goes on. I have a team of Grammy award winning writers, producers and artists that I’m lucky enough to work with time and time again.

8. What other jobs did you hold prior to entertainment?

Recruitment executive, Pizza Hut manager, elderly care worker and the list goes on. In the early days I held a lot of jobs in order to support the launch of my music career.

9. What do you enjoy doing in your ‘spare’ time?

I love anything in the outdoors. Hiking, camping and I LOVE to just watch TV. I’m not very good at switching off and TV helps me do that.

10. Who and/or what are your inspirations?

Life. Just life. I love to drive long distances and meet new people. These experiences are a constant source of inspiration.

11. Is anyone else in your family in entertainment?

All members of my family were musical. Mum sang, Dad played drums, Biggest brother studied violin and next big brother down is an amazing bass player. None of them pursued it as a career, though.


12. Have you many DVDs released?

I have never released a DVD. Yet :-)

13. Have you done a lot of media interviews, including guesting on TV shows at all?

A LOT. My entire adult life has been filled with media ranging from TV to Magazine.

14. What are your short and long term goals for your career?

I always feel guilty for answering this way, but I really don't focus on goals. I enjoy the journey and take every opportunity that comes my way. I guess if there were any goals, it is to simply get my music to the masses. Thats a big job that will continue for the rest of my life.

15. Do you also write your own songs as well as writing for other singers at all?

I write all of my own material and also write for others. My songs are true stories and being an authentic story telling artist is important to me.

16. Is there anything further you would like to add to this?

Thank you for your support!!! 

LINK:  FaceBook

New album and American Debut released January 29th 2016. Dianna Corcoran - In America.



No comments:

Post a Comment