Thursday, December 5, 2013

PLEASE WELCOME SINGER/SONGWRITER/PRODUCER AND PERFORMER

D NOVA






1    Please tell us a little bit about your background.

     A:  I started writing music when I was a kid. No one in my family is in music but I felt that was my cup of tea. Then I started travelling and travelling across Europe and the US. I kept on making music, actually acoustic & rock music, and finally got into the electro production. I'm a self-taught musician but so many are! I guess the right drive is what you need. I live in London and I love it. It's literally the European music hub. I'm building up my project and things are growing - brick by brick - but you always have to be focused. Which is hard! I released my first EP "Life Is My Videogame" in June and I went independent. I also have a really nice music video, you should check it out! I've started songwriting and producing for other artists as well, it's something different but 100% galvanizing. Well, music is what I want to do. It's my ground.


2     You are a music professional: a singer/songwriter, producer and performer.  Have you always aspired to a career in showbiz or what did you want to do as a child and teenager?

       A:  Yes. I've always wanted to handle music and make a living out of it. It's not just about the "showbiz". I mean, every artist has a high  ego level but it's not just about that. Living in a creative way is what I've always aimed to. Providing communication, emotions and fun, you deliver something special: some kind of food for the soul. When I find myself writing and producing in the middle of the night, I realize my passion is clean and honest.


3     Are any of your family in the entertainment industry?

       A:  Not at all. My family has a totally different background. They belong to the hard-working middle-class and there is no artsy ambition involved. Other than that, they have always supported me and I'm so thankful for that. I feel really blessed. My dad complains about the lack of certainty sometimes; but every dad does that, right?!


4     Have you performed on TV and with any other celebrities at all?

              A:  Not yet!



5   What do you enjoy doing when not working on your career?

     A:  I take advantage of all the awesome things my city has to offer. I see at least 3 gigs a week, I enjoy a pint with my friends in East London and I love special events (art parties, exhibitions etc.). Also, I love TV series!


6   Have you ever been bullied at all?

             A:  Yes, I have. I used to be bullied when I was a teenager. I         was a bit different from the other guys; I was kind of creative              with my look, I wrote music and was a bit mysterious. Some                people     around me got crazy about that. It seems like you                can't be different, you need to stick to the masses. Then I got              so many pranks and jokes, either at school or outside                        school. They were hurting me but      I admit I was actually                  cool with that. I knew things would change in the following                  years, and I knew kids can be really cruel. It's human. Most                importantly, I knew I was a dark horse.


7   Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that governments and schools w/w do enough to try to combat this problem?

     A:  I think the government should keep an eye on that. That said, it's really hard to cope with the issue. Kids should be protected from other kids as the adults are protected by stalkers and all of that.

Laws and sanctions might be a good solution, as not all the "victims" are strong enough to handle the burden.



8   What else do you feel they could do to either decrease or stop it completely?
  
             A:   Media promotion: TV, radio, press, web. That way, the             kids would know much more about rights and sanctions.


9  Who and/or what are your inspirations?

             A:  My inspiration is making a living out of my passion. I                 guess it's everyone's wish!


10  What do you see for your career in ten years time?

             A:  I can't make any prediction, but I see myself always                      connected to music.


11 Do you have a special message you would like to impart to the world?

     A:  You only have one life to live. Also, I'd love to quote             Gaga and fit the interview: "Baby, I was born this way".


LINKS:

     YouTube
     Soundcloud
     FaceBook






No comments:

Post a Comment