Thursday, June 26, 2014

PLEASE WELCOME FROM THE WORLD OF ENTERTAINMENT AND MEDIA - 
AMERICAN ACTOR, MODEL, PRESENTER AND HOST

GITA CELLEI



1                   Please tell us a little bit about your background;

                           A:     Born and raised in the suburbs of west London. My parents are of Indian origin from Punjab. My parents were very strict, particularly my father. I guess they wanted to preserve their roots even when they came to the UK. Fighting against this was hard work.


2                   You are a presenter/host/producer.  Have you always wanted to be an entertainer or did you aspire to be something else when you were younger?

                            A:        I am a host/presenter for DistractTV.com. When I was younger I remember at age fifteen telling my German teacher I wanted to be a presenter. She told me to follow my dreams, but unfortunately my parents were not supportive. So, I decided to invest in my creative career, I went to university and I got my degree in Graphic Deign and Visual Communication. However I never perused a career in Graphic design. My heart just wasn’t in it. I knew I wanted to be a presenter. My creative side allows me to produce many of the segments I have been part of.


3                   Is anyone else in your family and/or relatives in entertainment?


                           A:         Nobody in my family is in entertainment. Everyone is in business or some kind of finance. They all got the Math gene!


4                   Who and/or what are your inspirations?

                      A:        Women are my inspiration. Coming from an ethnicity where women don’t have much of a say, I was always drawn to strong minded women.


5                   Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?

                      A:         I have an agent, but in this day and age, you need to manage yourself. There are so many people who want to be in the industry or are in the industry. So finding your own work is important, having an agent is a bonus. Honestly you won’t get any where without the hard work and being proactive.


6                   What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

                      A:         What spare time! If I have spare time, I love going out to eat, exploring NYC and spending time with friends.


7                   Do you have a stage name?

                            A:         Gita Cellei.



8                   Have you ever been bullied?

                            A:          I don’t remember being bullied at school. I do remember when friends were bullied I would stand up and say something.


9                   Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools around the world are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

                            A:         NO. Back in the day, Bullying was face to face and it was still hard to combat. Now, with an influx of social media, bullying has even more avenues than before.


10             What further do you feel the above could do to try to either decrease this problem hugely or eliminate it altogether?

                    A:       The government needs to work with these social media outlets to find ways over come these obstacles. There also needs to be a stronger push on communication between students, teachers and parents. It's been proven that bullies normally have insecurities that start at home.  If this is the case, the government needs to start there. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to be on board with this.


11             On a personal level, what would you like to do to help in the fight against bullying?

                        A:       I would love to empower these people that are being bullied. Bullies pick on insecurities, so even giving these young people affirmations and the confidence to believe in themselves is a great way forward.


12             What advice would you give to someone who is suffering through this nightmare at the moment?

      A:        Confidence is key, as is communication. Don’t be afraid to speak out. Confident people do not get bullied. Confront your bully and show them, that’s it, no more. I actually gave this advice to a teenager I know and it really worked for her.


13             What have you hosted?

      A:            I have hosted for many websites such as Unseen TV, Burlesque HQ and Distract TV. I have also been a co host on Westside Radio 89.6. I have appeared as a guest host on a few channel 4 and channel 5 shows in the UK. I’m now doing a lot of producing for Distract TV right now. My creative buzz is kicking in!


14             Have you interviewed any well-known names?

                        A:      I have interviewed so many people! Cappadona, the unofficial member of the Wu Tang clan, The Baroness, who has designed latex outfits for the likes of Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson. Disclosure, Lanz Peirce, Allure, Liz McClamon (from Atomic Kitten), Kitten De Ville (burlesque performer) and so many more people. Its crazy how many fantastic people I’ve interviewed! Most of this has been produced by me too.


15             What is on the agenda for 2014?

                     A:        Myself and Stephen Stallone are the founders of DistractTV.com. So covering music events all over Europe, NYC fashion week…. , my calendar currently is full of projects I’m actually producing for DistractTV.com.


16             Is there anything further you would like to add?

         A           DistractTV.com came about because me and Stephen weren’t getting the hosting/presenting work we wanted. So we had to create our own avenue. In this day and age, you have to be your own business, so if it means being creative do it.


17             Do you have a special message you would like to share with the world?

                          A:            Confidence in yourself is key. Believing in yourself is necessary. Above all life is short, so what ever you do, enjoy it.


LINKS:








No comments:

Post a Comment