Tuesday, January 21, 2014

INTRODUCING ANOTHER LOVELY CANADIAN ACTOR/MUSICIAN -

APRIL  GAMMON




1                   Please tell us a little bit about your background.

                    A:    I grew up in Whitby, Ontario, Canada.  Ever since I was little I wanted to act and I am just now starting to work on my acting career.  I have two beautiful girls - one is 6 years old and the other is 2 months old.  I have a very supportive husband who is always ready to push me towards things and to always try and never give up.  I like to write, sing, act and generally have fun with whatever it is I am doing.


2                         You are an actor and a musician.  Have you always aspired to be in the entertainment industry or did you want to be something else when younger?

                     A:       Ever since I was young I have wanted to act.  I would put on little skits                      for my family, which contained mostly me mimicking others. I liked to imitate my                       family and put on a comedic skit for them.  When it came to singing  when I was                         younger I would only sing in private because I didn’t think I was good enough.


3                                    Are any of your family or relations in ‘showbiz’?

                      A:       No.



4                          Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?

                       A:      I represent myself, but I am hoping to eventually have a professional                        manager.



5                           Have you had formal training as either or both actor and music?

                      A:      No. I did drama in high school, but didn’t go to college for acting. I also                    did do singing lessons when I was younger.


6                         As a musician, what instruments do you play?

                      A:      None, but I am learning to play the ukulele.



7                   What and/or who are your inspirations?

                      A:     My inspiration - as cliché as it might sound - is my mother. She                                    struggled all her life and raised both my brother and I by herself while putting                              herself through college. She is a true inspiration because she showed me that no                      matter what others do or say you can do anything you put your mind to.






8                   Do you have a stage name?

                      A:    No, I never really thought about using a stage name.


9                   Have you ever been bullied?

                      A:    Yes.




10                Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools w/w are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

                     A:    There are people that do care, but for the most part not much is done                        about it.


11              What further do you feel the above could do to try to either decrease this problem hugely or eliminate it altogether?

                        A:       Yes and no, because to really eliminate the problem you would not only                     have to get through to the children - you would also have to get through to the                             parents.



12              On a personal level, is there anything you would like to do to help battle bullying?

                  A:     I would like to help battle bullying any way possible. It is all about                                  educating not only the children but the parents too. Unfortunately if a person                              doesn’t want to change they won't.



13              Where do you see your career in ten years’ time?

                  A:     I see myself doing small acting gigs while working with my husband on our                   business.


     
     14         Is there anything further you would like to add?

                  A:   No.


15             Do you have a message you would like to impart to the world?

                  A:  It sucks when you are constantly being bullied, but one thing to remember is                   generally the bully is only doing it because they don’t like themselves so they are                     taking it out on others. People can be cruel but they are not all bad and it does                           get better.


16           Would you like to add any links you wish to have included?

                 A:  No.

LINK:

      Twitter






No comments:

Post a Comment