Saturday, October 6, 2012

I keep thinking life just couldn't get any better but then something always happens that proves that  thinking to be wrong - again.  I am soooo loving everything that I am doing now.  Research for my book on stations is absolutely snowballing - I am meeting the most wonderful people - even some 'new' relations and family friends that I didn't previously know existed.  Amazing.  Even had a wonderful drive into the 'country' last week - to a small town out there, meeting another couple of retired pastoralists.  Such lovely people and the drive was beautiful.  A five hour round trip which many would baulk at but not me, nor most country people.  If you are not prepared to travel, you would probably never leave home at all if you live out there.  We used to travel up to two hundred kilometres for dinners and parties in my childhood - so what?  This is outlined in my piece, 'Edge of the Outback' which I am going to repost here tomorrow.  Just to give you a taste of what that life is like......

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment